Teaching Metacognitive Thinking Skills
We all want our students to be
Participants will develop their understanding of:
- How to explicitly teach metacognitive strategies.
- How to implicitly reinforce the use of metacognitive thinking skills.
- How to ensure students routinely employ metacognitive strategies.
- How to ensure students use these skills confidently and
flexiblyacross a range of learning tasks.
- Strategies to evaluate students comprehension of, and use of, metacognitive thinking.
Participants: This session is suitable for teachers, school leaders and student support staff from Prep-12. (Yes, Preps can be taught metacognitive thinking skills!)
Certified for APST Standards (4 hours):: 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.5, 2.1, 2.5, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.5, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 5.2, 6.2, 6.3, 6.4, 7.4
Next available workshop: The next available workshop will be held in Term 1, 2018 – dates to be confirmed. The online version of this workshop is available on demand throughout the remainder of this year.